17 funded PhD studentships are available at the University of Glasgow for starting in October 2021. Applications in the areas of HCI, Usable Security and Privacy, Mixed/Virtual/Augmented Reality, Human-Robot Interaction and more HCI-related fields are welcome (details below).
Please find below a list of Available supervisors in HCI and their research areas:
* Prof Stephen Brewster (http://mig.dcs.gla.ac.uk/): Multimodal Interaction, MR/AR/VR, Haptic feedback. Email: Stephen.Brewster@glasgow.ac.uk
* Prof Matthew Chalmers (https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/computing/staff/matthewchalmers/): mobile and ubiquitous computing, focusing on ethical systems design and healthcare applications. Email: Matthew.Chalmers@glasgow.ac.uk
* Dr John Williamson (https://www.johnhw.com/): Probabilistic user interfaces, Bayesian interaction, motion correlation interfaces, rich and robust human sensing systems. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Dr Mohamed Khamis (http://mkhamis.com/): Human-centered Security, Privacy, Usable Security in Mixed/Virtual/Augmented reality, Eye Tracking and Gaze-based Interaction. Email: Mohamed.Khamis@glasgow.ac.uk
* Dr Ilyena Hirskyj-Douglas (https://ilyenahirskyjdouglas.wordpress.com/): Animal-Computer Interaction. Email: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 31 January 2021. For more information about how to apply, see https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/computing/postgraduateresearch/prospectivestudents<https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/computing/postgraduateresearch/prospectivestudents/>. This web page includes information about the research proposal, which is required as part of your application.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact a potential supervisor and discuss an application before the submission deadline.